Saturday (Oct 6) I will be 30, leaving behind the years of my youth. I read that in the Jewish tradition you couldn’t be a priest until you were at least 30, and someone told me that you could read the Song of Solomon once you reached 30 (so I peeked).
I’m sure that with this news you are immediately thinking, “What should I get Shawn to mark this fantastic occasion”?
Well thanks for thinking of me. You’re too kind. And to return the kindness, I thought I would suggest some gift ideas (I mean, after all, it’s not like I do gift-mass [ie christmas]).
So far I have received Starbuck’s coffee, a new sippie cup, a sweet thermos, gift certificate to 2 restaurants. So clearly people know that I love coffee, and food.
I also like
- cash/gift certificates
- books, and
- cool, but easy to use, technology gadgets [ie toys].
Here are a list of books I thought I would throw out there just for fun:
- A Body of Divinity: Being the Sum and Substance of the Christian Religion
- The 20th Century Revival of Genevan Psalmody in Reformed Worship in North America
- Sabbath Scripture Readings
- Loving Christ and Fleeing Temptation
- A Door Opening to Everlasting Life
- The Christian Warrior Wrestling with Sin, Satan, the Wold and the Flesh
- Christ Crucified: The Marrow of the Gospel in 72 Sermons on Isaiah 53
- An Exposition of the Ten Commandments
- Glimpses of the Inner Life of Our Lord and the Emotions of Jesus
- The History of the Early and Later Puritans (2 vols)
- History of the Puritans