Putting the same people in charge of the Bail Out who have shown utter incompetence and helped get us into this mess is just plain stupid!
The link to the proposed Bail Out Bill via http://www.CNN.com
Note who the Bill proposes we put in charge of Financial Oversight Board (p.14 PDF)! Unbelievable!
SEC. 104. FINANCIAL STABILITY OVERSIGHT BOARD.
(a) ESTABLISHMENT.—There is established the Financial Stability Oversight Board, which shall be responsible for—
(1) reviewing the exercise of authority under a program developed in accordance with this Act, including—
(A) policies implemented by the Secretary and the Office of Financial Stability created under sections 101 and 102, including the appointment of financial agents, the designation of asset classes to be purchased, and plans for the structure of vehicles used to purchase troubled assets; and
(B) the effect of such actions in assisting American families in preserving home ownership, stabilizing financial markets, and protecting taxpayers;
(2) making recommendations, as appropriate, to the Secretary regarding use of the authority under this Act; and
(3) reporting any suspected fraud, misrepresentation, or malfeasance to the Special Inspector General for the Troubled Assets Relief Program or the Attorney General of the United States, consistent with section 535(b) of title 28, United States Code.
(b) MEMBERSHIP.—The Financial Stability Oversight Board shall be comprised of—
(1) the Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
(2) the Secretary;
(3) the Director of the Federal Home Finance Agency;
(4) the Chairman of the Securities Exchange Commission; and
(5) the Secretary of Housing and Urban Development.
(c) CHAIRPERSON.—The chairperson of the Financial Stability Oversight Board shall be elected by the members of the Board from among the members other than the Secretary.